USA & Canada
Month 9. Anti-Bullying Campaign.
Make a difference & take a stand to spread the message that bullying is a serious problem & has no place in our Cheer & Dance World!
Stay tuned all month long as we share video and stories of athletes whose lives have been impacted by the affects of bullying. To purchase a Bully FREE ZONE window decal for your gym or business, visit our web store here.
The cheerleading and dance community is one of the most accepting and unified groups in the sports world. And yet, in our world, bullying is still a problem. It takes many forms and can happen through text messages or on the web, in person, anywhere. When it comes to being bullied, your age, gender or education level does not matter. Bullying hurts people, and it is not a joke.
Bully FREE ZONE Contest (for gyms, teams & businesses)
Post a video on YouTube that declares your building or group a Bully FREE ZONE and Cheer for a Cause. Creativity and choreography are encouraged!
1. Every organization that submits a video by midnight Friday, June 24th, will receive a Bully FREE ZONE window decal.
2. To enter, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- YouTube link
- Contact name
- Gym/Organization name
3. We will select up to 6 finalists and the public will vote for their favorite video from June 25th-29th.
4. The winner will be announced June 30th. They will receive a Bully FREE ZONE banner for their organization and be featured on our website.
Make a stand against bullying. Wear our free twibbon on your facebook or twitter profile pic! Click here to get yours now! Note: On facebook you will need to adjust the fit to your profile pic by dragging the sizing bar that's just below the image. Thanks for your support!
1. The U.S. Government has an excellent resource at http://www.stopbullying.gov.
2. The Trevor Project, at http://www.thetrevorproject.org, is the leading national organization, providing crisis and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth.
3. There is also a great page on facebook focused on the cheer and dance world at “Bullying is Nothing to Cheer About”, http://www.facebook.com/bullyingisnothingtocheerabout.
There's something amazing happening in the Cheer World.
It's all about you and it's Cheer for a Cause!